What we're thankful for as business owners
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, Sophie and I took a moment to count the wonderful people, opportunities and moments we've had over the last year. Looking back at our growth and progress was a truly humbling experience — 12 months ago doesn't feel that far away, but our business had undergone huge transformations!
Here are some of the things we're most grateful for:
1. SOPHIE: My husband and children's caregivers who support me each day to allow me to run my own business.
2. JENNI: I'm super thankful that I have a rad husband that really believes in everything I'm doing. When I have moments that I feel I can't juggle running Prim'd, finishing my masters and finishing my book for my thesis, he's the first to step in and lend a hand with everything from coding problems, to business building advice, to proof reading.
3. SOPHIE: The inspiring and resourceful member community at our women's co-working space The Hivery who I learn and grow from as a business owner and a woman.
4. JENNI: I've felt really lucky to have gotten a chance to collaborate with some great new partners this year. We created some awesome looking projects along side some of our favorite photographers, designers, and developers and had a ton of fun while doing it.
5. SOPHIE: My mentors who regularly help me (in person and virtually) who support and remind me of my strengths and how to use them.
6. JENNI: I'm grateful for Vinyl Cafe and Wine Bar around the corner from my house. They've given me hours of productive writing and editing time and generous wine pours to help me burn the midnight oil.
7. SOPHIE: My mastermind group who keep me accountable and allow me bounce ideas off them.
8. JENNI: this past year I have been grateful for my community of fellow writers who support my work and push me creatively.
9. SOPHIE: The vibrant creative entrepreneurs we met at the Being Boss in Nola trip who we can't wait to meet up with again next year!
10. JENNI: We've had really great clients this last year! We got to work with life coaches, financial consultants, real estate agents, photographers, personal brands, an event planning company — it always feels fun to climb inside their businesses and get creative together. Plus we've had quite a few clients who have worked with us on repeat projects, which always feels like a gift.
We hope that you all take a moment to think through what you’re grateful for this year, as a business owner or maybe just as a creative person. Leave us a note in the comments below, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Get FULL Access to our Resource Library
Get FULL ACCESS to our curated and most powerful worksheets!